Top Tips for Perfect Wedding Day Beauty
Want to look perfect on your wedding day? Here are five easy tips for wedding day beauty, including product recommendations and helpful hints.
- Use waterproof eye makeup. Most brides cry at their weddings. Even if you don’t think you’re the crying type, with so many waterproof products out there, why take a chance?
- Use a long-lasting lipstick. When they first came out, most were dry and not suitable for a day-filled with close-ups and endless congratulatory kisses. But the new generation wised up with separate color and moisturizer. Apply the color once at the beginning of the day, and remoisturize a couple of times to keep lips luscious and picture-perfect. My favorites are the Cover Girl Outlast All-day Lipcolor.
Practice several times as it can be tricky to apply the color evenly and perfectly. It’s hard to remove, so you’ll want to get it right on the first application.
- Employ a “spot checker”. This could be your maid of honor or another person whose makeup style is similar to your own (your mother is another good candidate.) Ask them to keep an eye on you and let you know if you need a touch up. They might also do you the favor of stashing your lipstick in their purse for easy access.
- Stash backups Stake out the bathrooms or changing facility at the venue. Stash an emergency kit including power to beat down shiny noses, clear nail polish to repair stocking runs, a hairbrush, hairspray, lipstick, and a sewing kit, along with anything else you think you or your bridesmaids might need.
- Do a test run Make sure you test out beauty products several times – you wouldn’t want to find out the morning of your wedding that you’re allergic!
- Relax! A relaxed bride is a beautiful bride. A wedding succeeds as long as you end up married at the end of the day. Every thing else is just gravy.
by Nina Callaway