Should You Sell?
Thanks to the Internet, it’s easy and cost-effective to sell anything and everything from your wedding. Bought 100 votive holders or 25 tall cylinder vases for your centerpieces that you’ll never use again? Just pop on weddingbee.com or a million other sites, and there are eager brides to take them off your hands. Probably the most expensive thing a bride will purchase that is easily recyclable is her wedding dress…so, what would you do?!?!
Reasons to keep the dress:
– maybe I’ll have a daughter who might want to incorporate it somehow into her wedding day, or possibly just play in it
– as a reminder of a wonderful day
– possibly as a tool to keep me at my wedding weight
Reasons to Sell or Donate the Dress:
– pay it forward
– give it to charity
– pretend I live in a personal sisterhood of the traveling wedding dress world
– lessen my guilt at accepting an extravagant purchase
– my wedding is remembered by an article of clothing but with the memories, feelings and people who were there
Read the full article here.