Vintage Stationery: Set the Tone
This week, Ashelynn Manor concentrates in vintage wedding trends by showcasing elegant retro stationery. The art of paper crafting, design, embellishments and calligraphy has increased in popularity for all types of bridal stationery. Save the date notices, wedding invitations and menu designs are using a variety of vintage papers, card stock and more to create a “somewhere in time” feel. We love antique and vintage inspired stationery. However, with a variety of styles to choose from, setting the tone and sticking with a theme is very important. Below is a list of things to consider to properly plan a vintage theme you can count on:
- Make a list and check it twice: pair up with your family and bridal party to map out the entire wedding and reception on “paper” from start to finish. Start with engagement announcements and save the date notices, wedding invitations you pick, escort cards, napkins, labels, tags, thank you notes and more. Make sure you get a second opinion so you don’t miss anything.
- Figure out a color scheme. Decide if you love mixing elements, such as metals, and patterns.
- Decide what type of vintage wedding you want. Everything has a season, determine a time period. Do you want to focus on 1940’s glamor? Do you love vintage country? Deciding on a time period will guide you on the types of elements to use.
- Discover font bliss. Having a great font and using it in modern ways makes your stationery choices stand out. A great site to look for fonts is FONTS.com.
- Get inspired. Start looking through blogs and DIY sites that help you get a visual of what you want. A great blog we found was 100 Layer Cake. They showcase vendors and other resources that allow you to create a fabulous vintage style.